A Home Away From Home
It can be so difficult leaving your pet behind, whether it's just for the day, or if you're going out of town. Our dedicated Pet Boarding Resort staff are here to ease your mind and offer your pet a welcoming and comfortable place to stay.
We provide complete general boarding services for all of our patients along with dog daycare and bathing services to meet all your pet's needs while in our care.
Canine Influenza Virus
California has recently been impacted by the Canine Influenza Virus. Due to this, we require that all dogs that board at Laguna Woods, or who enjoy a day of play at our Doggie Day Care or are pampered with a day of beauty with our groomer will need to be vaccinated for Canine Influenza.
Our Pet Boarding Resort
Our spacious, indoor suites are glass fronted (no bars) and air conditioned, or heated, for added comfort. Pet guests lounge on comfortable fleece bedding and always have fresh water. Suites can be connected together if you desire the “upgrade” for additional room. Each pet is fed according to its age, weight, and temperament; or per your instructions.
Each canine guest gets to spend some individual time outdoors in a secure exercise area under the watchful eye of the attendant.
The Pet Boarding Resort Advantage
- Highest quality diets provided (no additional charge for owner provided special foods)
- Outdoor time for fresh air and stimulation
- Staffed 7 days a week
- Numerous skylights and large windows bring in natural light
- The latest in cleaning technology to maintain sanitary surroundings
- A doctor is available 7 days a week to attend to your pet should the need arise
FAQs About Pet Boarding
We're serious animal lovers, and our whole team enjoys giving our boarders all the attention and care they deserve while they're staying with us.
Read our FAQs for answers to our most frequently asked questions about pet boarding at Laguna Hills Animal Hospital.
If you have further questions about boarding, please feel free to contact us!
- What accommodations and amenities do you have?
We've got everything your pet needs for a fun, recuperative and safe stay, including the following accommodations and amenities:
- Climate-controlled kennels
- Comfy, cozy beds for each guest
- State-of-the-art bathing equipment
- Clean towels, blankets, and bowls
- Individual space for each pet
- Separate boarding area for cats
- Outdoor play area
- Ample daily playtime with staff
- Special diet accommodations
- Veterinary monitoring 7 days a week
- What kind of kennels do pets stay in?
Each pet is kept in a separate cage or exercise run unless family members are requested to be housed together. Our canine guests are put into outdoor exercise runs at least once a day for fresh air and increased social activity. Actual pet-to-pet contact is not permitted so fighting is not a concern. The exercise runs are spacious and provide more than ample room for your pet to remain active.
Cats are kept in a cage since they remain quite inactive and large open spaces tend to upset them.
Heating or air conditioning is provided as needed and pet-to-pet contact is not permitted so fighting is not a concern.
- Is there a limit to the number of pets I can board at a time?
We have a large facility and are able to accommodate several animals at once, provided you give us sufficient notice.
Each pet is kept in a separate cage or exercise run unless family members are requested to be housed together (canine/canine or feline/feline).
- How much does pet boarding cost?
Boarding fees vary based on the duration of the stay, the size of the pet, and special medical requirements. That said, our pricing is affordable and competitive, and we welcome you to contact us for a quote.
- What time should I drop off and pick up my pet?
All pets must be dropped off or picked up during regular office hours. Reservations are recommended, especially for holidays and summer weekends. During these times, we recommend that you call 2-3 weeks in advance to increase the chance that a spot will be available.
- What should I pack for my pet?
Food: We provide food for pets staying with us. However, please feel free to bring enough of your pet's regular food to last the duration of the stay.
Medication: If your pet takes any medication, bring it along for our staff to administer.
Toys: If your pet has a special toy or two, bring them along.
- What if my pet needs to take medication?
We will be glad to administer your pet's medications while they are with us.
- Can I get updates about my pet during their stay?
Yes, feel free to call us during your pet's stay for updates. If there is a problem, we will contact you via the emergency contact information you provide.
- What vaccinations are required?
To ensure the protection of all of the pets entrusted to our care, written proof of the following vaccinations must be presented at the time of drop-off.
DOGS: Distemper/Parvo, Bordetella, Rabies, Canine Vaccines, Canine Influenza
CATS: Distemper, Flu, Rabies
- How should I prepare for my pet's stay?
Each animal is different. To prepare for your pet's stay with us, we'll take the following steps to ensure that we can meet their unique needs.
Step 1: Contact us to get started
Call us to book, and to discuss details about your pet and your boarding needs. A member of our team will be happy to to coordinate your booking.
Please note that, due to the nature of our accommodations, we do not accept unaltered dogs. Pets must be up to date with all vaccinations and free of fleas and ticks to stay at our facility.
Step 2: Book a trial stay
We want to be absolutely sure that we are a good fit for your pet before an extended stay. The trial stay consists of a full day of daycare where we can take the time to assess your pet's temperament and make sure they fit in with the pack.
Step 3: Set your pet up for success
On the day you drop your pet off with us, there are a few steps you can take to help reduce any stress your pet may feel.
Spend some extra time with your pet beforehand, and make sure they get some vigorous exercise so that they are feeling calm. When you arrive at our facility, stay calm, cheerful and confident during the separation.
- What do you feed animals that don't have their own food?
For pets that are not on a special diet, we can provide high-quality pet food that is appropriate for the size and breed of your pet. An additional fee may apply.
- What to do after my pets stay
Because of the “separation / stress” phenomenon, it is not recommended that you visit your pet during a routine boarding stay. This can cause frustration and confusion for your pet.
Pets get excited when they get home. To make the homecoming a pleasant experience please do not give your pet any food or water for the first hour. Despite the fact that he/she may have just eaten it is not uncommon for a dog to drink large amounts of water or gobble down a big meal then get sick to the stomach and vomit.
Whether you are looking to board your pet or bring them in for daycare or bathing, here are all the features of our services.
Canine Luxury Suite Features
- Our Luxury Suites are spacious, indoor and private rooms
- Each room is complete with a TV, bed and fleece blanket
- Each dog is given individual time outdoors in a secure, exercise area under the watchful eye of a caregiver
Bathing Service Discount
Dogs that stay in our Camp Canine Luxury Suites for 5 or more days are given a complimentary bath.
Or receive 50 % off our bathing services for boarding stays less than 5 days.
Cat Condo Features
- Our large, custom, cat condos offer your favorite feline maximum comfort in a special room away from the dogs
- Each condo has a clean litter box, food, water, fleece bed and a shelf to perch on
- 24/7 live webcams in our condos allow you to catch a glimpse of your cats playing with the staff or lounging in their two story suites
- Each guest gets to spend a relaxing day looking at the birds, cat, mice and fish on our custom, wall-sized mural (painted by Curtis Stokes, the “Extreme Makeover Home Edition” artist)
Dog Day Camp Service
- Offered on a daily basis in a “day care” setting for those that work long hours or as an extra service while your pet boards overnight with us
- Day Camp offers your pet playtime, exercise, and companionship with other playmates throughout the day
- If Dog Day Camp doesn’t seem like a good fit for your dog, we also offer individual play time for those dogs that want privacy
- 24/7 live webcams allow you to catch a glimpse of your dog cavorting with its canine friends and staff
Hydrosurge Bathing Service
The Hydrosurge is a unique method of coat shampooing and conditioning. It penetrates the coat down to the skin with an invigorating, massage-like action. Frequent Hydrosurge therapeutic baths are recommended for chronic skin problems.
All products used on your pet are formulated for dogs and cats only. These products are pH balanced and are soap-free as to not cause skin irritation.
- Bathing with our Hydrosurge bathing system
- Conditioner, if needed
- Ear cleaning/flushing
- Fluff dry
- Nail trim
- Express anal glands
- Exfoliation which is the removal of the animal’s dead skin enabling tissue to re-grow
- Wound care for hot spots
- Dandruff reduction
- Dermatitis exfoliation
- Seborrhea relief
- Eczema scale removal